Thursday, April 20, 2017

Vicki Vegas' Tips for Flawless Skin!

Hey there Glamour Guys and Gals,

Today I am going to be giving you my tips for great skin. As we start to get deeper and deeper into Spring and then Summer I thought I would share my favorite tips about keeping skin clear and healthy. Ready?

1. Drink LOTS of water. I know people hear this all the time and even I don't get my "8 a day" glasses but drinking water is the key to making sure your skin is hydrated, full, and clear. Seriously, if you are worried about the quality of your skin the easiest and cheapest way to help is by drinking enough water.

2. Wear sunscreen! Skin cancer looks good on no one. The sun can also cause age spots, discoloration, sun burn and peeling. Have you ever seen an older lady who has clearly tanned her whole life? What does her skin look like? Soft, I bet not. You should try to put on sunscreen even in cloudy weather. Many makeup brands are now adding SPF to their foundations, and it is a smart way to go. What does it hurt to put on a little sunscreen?

3. Get plenty of Sleep. I know in our modern, go getter kind of world that getting a full 8 hours for most people seems impossible. Without enough sleep you will end up with puffiness, redness, dark circles and tired skin. I personally believe in a good life balance....stay out late one night? Get more rest the next day.

4. Find a good moisturizer. No skin post would be complete without saying that your skin needs hydration and a little help in the form of a good moisturizer. Don't get just anything either. go to your makeup counter or the like, and ask questions. Do some research. I personally use Renewed Hope in a Jar Dry.

5. Last and certainly not least: Listen To Your Skin. Everyone is an individual and listening to your body is very important. If you seem to be having dryer skin or patches of redness or even more breakouts than usual....listen to what your face/skin is telling you. You might need to seek the help of a doctor or dermatologist. Either way make sure you are in tune with your body. I tend to stand in front of the mirror at least once a day and take a long calming breath. Then I open my eyes and honestly access my face. "What's going on today/" I ask myself...

If you are having a bad skin day or even a bad skin week/month/year just remember that your cells are regenerating and that time really will help all things.

There you go my friends. I hope you found this helpful!!!

Vicki Vegas
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!