Sunday, April 16, 2017

the 1920's Wave and more!


Smile for the camera! It's time to Charleston! 
Hi there guys and dolls!

So here is my breakdown for my 1920's inspired hair for my sister's wedding. The stylist and I got together a few weeks ahead of time to not only get me back to my platinum self, but to talk about the kind of style I wanted for my sister's big day. I normally do something 40's to 60's with my hair, so I wanted to venture outside of my comfort zone, and my dear stylist Pam wanted to challenge herself too. 20's it was then!

So, I washed my hair the night before the wedding and I didn't blow it out, which is what I normally do. The day of we were out the door by 5:30 A.M. and to the venue... when I got there I was instructed to wet my hair in a tiny sink. I was marveled by the fact I even could get my head in there, of course being short I had to stand on my tip toes!  So we parted my hair into 3 sections, two in the front from the crown forward and one large one in the back. (I wish I had taken progress pictures!!!!) The stylist then ran a pomade product through my wet hair and combed it in. She pin curled the front sections, clipping duck bill clips into the wave. Then it was time to dry! (Also, I had to sit on two pillows just to get my head under her portable dryer)

I feel like the drying took forever! Honestly, I almost fell asleep...I think it is because my hair is so thick!

Any who, after the drying she removed the pin curl clips and the duck bill clips to run a smoothing brush through the front sections. It was still stiff and plastered down but it wasn't as bad as it was when I got out of the dryer. Pam and I then tag teamed the pin curls in the back; she curled the ends with a medium barrel curling iron and then rolled them under in neat little rows. The front was a bit of a b*tch to get it to lay right. Once we got them where we wanted we sprayed the hell out of it. The wedding was outside in a beautiful vineyard and that hair did NOT move!

Here are some panoramic pictures:





Showing off my pin curls and vintage Coro jewelry.
In the end, everything was lovely. A special congrats to my sister Monica and Zeb, it was an amazing day and I am sooooo lucky to have been a part of it. Also included a picture from the rehearsal dinner with my fabulous Platonic Life Mate, Lenore!

The Dynamic Duo at the rehearsal dinner

The wedding was at 11:30 A.M. so there was of course an after party! I went home to rest a bit and then get gussied back up to head to our favorite local pub. I brushed through the stiff parts of my hair and then curled the front back and out of my face. The curls fluffed up to something more soft and romantic. Below is a mandatory selfie:


Well there you have it! If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Vicki Vegas
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!