Saturday, April 22, 2017

My Classic Car Restoration Project

Hi there all. So long story short my dad and I share a love of classic cars. Dad owned upwards of 10 or more classic cars and drove them quite often. He loved, more than anything, British Sports Cars from the 60's.....that being said, my dad passed away in November of 2016 and the project car that we were working on has now sat for quite awhile. He got to the point where he couldn't work on it anymore and even though I know the basics (or he could explain something to me and I could do it) I can no longer work on it solo. My plan is to scour the area for good local places and finally get this beauty finished. Dad left me our project car, which was one he drove in the 60s and 70s....Let me introduce you to my 1963 Triumph TR-4 Convertible.

back driver's side....everything is backwards!



Under the dash, wiring.

Trunk lid is hanging out off to the side.

Look at that classic fender!

The engine isnt in bad shape.


Triumph Globe hubcaps, which I have FOUR, and they are very hard to find.


Passenger side and fender.

Look at this beauty! Also her color is called British Racing Green.

The new dash pad is one of the last things we did.

So, hopefully I will have her in a shop soon and can get her back on the road. This one is a sentimental project for me; bear with me as I'm sure posts for this will be few and far between.

Thanks again as always.

Vicki Vegas
xoxoxoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. The Triumph TR4 is a beautiful car! It proved that sports cars could be comfortable as well as a dream to drive because it is spacious and comfortable inside when compared to the TR3A. The car is going to look stunning; those original globe hubcaps are going to look so cool once the work is finished.

    ReplyDelete

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!