Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hey there guys and dolls...

Welcome to the first ever blog post from yours truly, Vicki Vegas! I thought I would write a short introductory post about how I got into Vintage Clothing and Beauty and why I love it so much!

So, to begin with I would like to say that I am somewhat new to the whole vintage lifestyle, but I really seem to be enjoying it thus far. My current wardrobe is about 1/4 actual vintage and about 2/4 vintage styled or reproduction with the rest being an off mixture of things! I honestly have always loved styling from the 20's through the 70's and my look so far has been centered in the 50's and 60's. Being a curvy girl the vintage look of full skirts with cinched in waists suits me and flatters my shape, plus who doesn't love all those great color pallets! 

Now people use different terms for different styles so here is MY short breakdown:

Vintage: ie. actual vintage clothing, accessories, and objects from the period.



Vintage Radio Display | by Mark Amsterdam










Repro/Reproduction: clothing, accessories, or objects that are new but made to look or styled like they are from a vintage era.



 From Blue Velvet Vintage

















Pinup: clothing, accessories, or objects that reflect pinup styled art and models from the mid to late 1940's. Pinups were popular before and after World War 2 but most 'pinup' styled clothing or beauty really reflects the 1940's. 

One of the most famous Pinup artists of the time was Gil Elvgren. His large body of work inspired not only the pinup style for decades to come, but kept those lonely Soldiers company while on campaign! 



Tail Wind by Gil Elvgren 1942



















Rockabilly: clothing, accessories, or objects that reflect the music scene from the south and west of the United States in the 1950's. 

                                                 

Whole Lotta Shakin' Documentary
 www.rockabillyradio.org

















Atomic: The "Atomic Age" began after the detonation of the first nuclear bomb called Trinity, on July 16, 1945, during World War II. It and the art surrounding this technological advancement launched a whole new style trend.




No matter what you call it, if it is from a bygone era there are going to be men and women (and everyone in between) who LOVE to dress, dance, and generally embody that time period...and I am one of them!!! So stay tuned my friends for more vintage inspired fun...


Vicki Vegas
xoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!