Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Retailers for Reproduction Vintage Clothing!

Hi there all!

So I thought I would create a bit of a list of the places I shop at to find good, quality reproduction/ vintage styled clothing. There is really no order of importance!

Clothing:

Heart of Haute     https://www.heartofhaute.com/
Price: $$$
Plus Size: Yes

I love this site! Not only are their clothes very fun and upbeat, but there sizing is fairly accurate from what I have personally experienced. I would put them in the medium range of pricing, though if you look more often than not they have a great sale section. They also sell accessories and other items as well!

I just bought a fun outfit from them which I can also pair with other things I already have!

The Getaway Skirt in Wallflower

Lily Top in Lime




Vivien of Holloway              http://www.vivienofholloway.com/
Price: $$$$
Plus: Depends on how you define "plus size"

This store gets me into trouble all the time. Some of their items can be rather affordable but others can be pricey. It is all about finding that balance. They have everything from dresses, to lingerie, to home wares....they have a Men's section too!

On my to buy list is a Sarong or Tiki style dress!


Unique Vintage                https://www.unique-vintage.com/
Price: $$$
Plus: Yes

Oh I can't say enough about this store! I love this site and they are fairly reasonable on their prices. I never buy button down shirts without trying them on in person, but I took a chance and I was rewarded! I bought a super cute mauve/pink button down and it fit perfectly (I have a larger bust line, so I was worried about popping buttons)

Isn't this shirt darling?

As far as clothing goes for Reproduction clothing these are my top 3. There are other stores out there of course, but these are the ones I go to and buy from the most. I do shop occasionally at Forever 21 and Torrid for things.

Shoes:

Bait Footwear       https://www.baitfootwear.com/
Price: $$$

Oh my gods, this site. Bait has so many choices for every vintage era and need! From toned down understated shoes to candy colored fabulousness Bait has just about anything you would ever need. They even carry larger sizes.

Liza Green $75.00

American Duchess
     http://www.american-duchess.com/
Price: $$$$$

For an even more historical setting check out American Duchess footwear. These hand made high quality shoes run from the Renaissance up to the Late Edwardian Period. These might be a bit early for us, but I have bought from her before and her shoes are all amazing!

Royal Vintage          http://www.royalvintageshoes.com/
Price: $$-$$$$

Royal Vintage shoes is THE place to go for historically accurate shoes from the 20s to the 40's. She also stocks shoes from other makers so you can cut out the middle man. I am particularly fond of their heeled Oxfords.


Undergarments:

What Katy Did            https://www.whatkatiedid.com/en_us/
Price: $$-$$$

What Katy Did is a lovely UK based store for vintage styled stockings, lingerie, corsets and more. If you are looking for good quality products, look no further! Their seemed stockings are my absolute favorite and they come in all kinds of colors!

Look at these fun spring colors!


Bare Necessities With Dita Von Teese      http://www.barenecessities.com/Dita-Von-Teese_brand_511.htm

Price: $$$

Dita's line here includes modern and retro styled bras, panties, and garter sets. I will say that she has a limited color palette though I know one of her new sets will be a vibrant green. If you follow her on FaceBook you can keep an eye on her upcoming designs.

Vintage Dancer         http://vintagedancer.com/1950s/1950s-style-lingerie/
 Price: $$-$$$$

Vintage Dancer is a great site for ordering vintage styled undergarments from many different eras. They run everything from nightgowns to corsets; from the 1920's to the 1960's. They sort through many different dealers and have compiled a comprehensive list of items. BE SURE TO CHECK WITH THE INDIVIDUAL VENDOR FOR SHIPPING AND SIZING INFO.


Makeup:

Besame     https://besamecosmetics.com/
Price: $$

THE place to go if you want vintage styled makeup. Besame has been recreating gone by fashions such as cake mascara! If you aren't in the know, cake mascara was an invention in the 1920's. You bought a black block of pigment that you then wet a mascara brush and brushed it through your lashes. They also carry actual pigment reproductions like Victory Red, which was originally produced during WW2.



Benefit                  https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/us/en
Price: $$

I personally use more Benefit than anything else. Their products are great for my sensitive skin and they have a wide range of things to choose from. I just bought (on Sunday) their new Galifornia blush and I am in love. They have done it again! Their whole line is packaged and sold as a retro themed line.



That's about all for this post. Many of you might be saying...Wait! What about hair? What about accessories? What about __fill in the blank__? To that I say,  "Have no fear my glamour girls! There will be more posts like this!" I am also planning to do a How I Shop for Vintage post, and a few others like that as well. Hang in there.

Also, I would like to add that one of my dear friends has coined a phrase for me:

Phenomenal Cosmic Powers....itty bitty pin-up waist!

Until next time!

Vicki Vegas
xoxoxoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!