Thursday, April 27, 2017

Keeping that Bombshell Blonde!

So many people seem to ask me about my hair; what do I use on it...how do I keep it looking so nice...etc. So here are my Tips and Tricks to keeping your Bombshell Blonde at it's very best!


Dazzling blonde!

So, I have been been this blonde (almost white) for ten years, with a short year and a half break when I went back to my so called natural color. Honestly I feel my best, brightest, and most sassy as a blonde....it is like my soul mate of hair colors. I actually do my own bleaching (which is up to you) salons work just as well but I can't keep paying people (every four weeks) for something I know I could do at home. Now if you are starting with bleach on already colored hair I would HIGHLY recommend going to a salon or stylist. When I reverted to blonde from a dark brown this last time I went to a professional. Now that it is just the roots (which bleach much better because there is no other color put into the hair, just it's natural color) I can do those myself. 

Yesterday in the office at work; you might recognize Miss Phoebe Nyx

I go to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy their Radical Bleaching Kit. It really works well and I have used it for years. What makes the saddest is when I see beautiful women with fried, orange, awful looking bleach jobs....and there are simple ways to avoid that:


1. Go to a stylist if you are not comfortable bleaching your own hair. Seriously if you are not comfortable or have no experience in coloring your own hair at home then there is NO SHAME in going to a professional.

2. Buy after treatments for your hair ( I use the Ion After Color Creme) This is a thicker than normal conditioner that will help restore moisture to your damaged hair.

3. Use a Purple Shampoo and Conditioner. Seriously! I use Shimmer Lights ( which is not an expensive brand) to "tone" my hair in shower. Purple is the opposite of yellow so the more you wash with a purple toned shampoo/conditioner the less yellow your hair will be. This is how I get my white hot blonde to be its best. A small warning, you can leave your conditioner on longer maybe a min. or two but if you leave it on longer than that you will start re-depositing color back into your hair (you will end up blue or purple).

Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner. Seriously this stuff is DARK Purple.
Color Wheel, just for reference.
Lastly I would like to say that no matter what hair color you have or want to have make sure to take care of your hair. I know doing a lot of vintage styles I can be really hard on my hair so I make sure to give it a break every now and then. All the hairspray and back combing and pinning can really take its toll. 

So, my Bombshell Bloggers....what are your tips and tricks for maintaining your mane?

Vicki
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!