Monday, May 22, 2017

Vicki Vegas' favorite Beauty Products!

Hi there all!

So this post I am going to recommend a few products that work really well  for me. This doesn't mean they will be best for you, or that I think any other products are inferior in any way. You do you~

Also, please note I have slightly dry skin, but generally with a good moisturizer I don't have any noticeable problems.

First things first: Primer/BB Cream.

I have fallen in love with Air Patrol by Benefit! It is a great tool to keep things in place and it also helps protect your skin from environmental hazards that might hurt or damage your skin. Please Please Please do not take that to mean you can skip your SPF.


Up next: Concealer.

Ok ya'll, confession time. I would rather use a concealer 9 times out of 10, instead of a foundation. So I apply my concealer under the eyes, around the sides of my nose, upper lip and chin. It all gets gently spread out and powdered after that. Seriously, that is the amount of foundation I normally wear....now if I'm going on stage or for photos there will be more product than that. I use Benefit's Fake Up hydrating concealer....its creamy smooth with great coverage.

I use their Light color. 

Then it is: Blush

I love a creme blush, sometimes I use a stain or a powder but there is something great about a creme blush that makes me come back to it over and over again. You can use fingers to dab and spread it, a brush for a lighter effect, or if you are going really heavy you can use a sponge. Any way you spell it I think creme blushes give a wonderful, vintage style effect. I use Dream Blush Bouncy!
This is not a true color, i really love a deep pink for my skin tone.

After that: Eyeliner

Whew!  I can not tell you how long I have looked for a great waterproof eyeliner. I finally found what I was looking for in Stila's Stay All Day. Their eyeliner pen with a felt tip has the darkest formula I personally have found and it goes on very smoothly. For ladies doing vintage wing eyeliner looks please give this brand a try!

Lastly for this post: Brows

Brows are the latest "it" thing and I have always been a fan of a bit thicker brow....so here's hoping it sticks around for awhile. To get a good vintage brow I suggest watching some tutorials and getting yourself some Anastasia Browdip Pomade and a good angled brush!

Seriously, this stuff is great. Just make sure to keep the lid on it so it doesn't dry out on you!
Browdip comes in an array of colors, check with your makeup consultant at the store to find a color that suits you.

Well that is it for this makeup post today. A few final words I will leave you with:

Makeup has been used for THOUSANDS of years. Trends change, styles change....don't be afraid to try different things or new looks. Makeup is a tool, use it (or don't) it is up to you. That is what I think makes makeup so great.

Stay tuned my glamour gals and guys!

Vicki
xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!