Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Movie Review Monday: L.A. Confidential


Today's Movie Review Monday is the fantastic neo-noir film L.A. Confidential. A gripping crime drama about three cops in 1950's L.A. who couldn't be more different from one another, but who end up unknowingly working the same case. Starring Kevin Spacey, Russel Crowe, and Guy Pierce this action thriller has a 99% positive rating on Rotton Tomatoes! Now that is saying something!


Danny DeVito as the head of a news rag called Hush-Hush.


I honestly had never seen this film before, but it seemed right up my alley. The glamour of L.A. in the 1950s has a strong pull for me. I won't spoil any of the plot right now but I recommend seeing it. Let's get onto some visuals!



The gorgeous Kim Basinger as a Lana Turner look alike for hire.

Spacey plays a cop who among other things, is a high profile contributor for a TV show called Badge of Honor
The good cop-bad cop routines are constantly rotated between these three depending on their situations. If you have never seen L.A. Confidential I highly recommend it. You can read more about the plot and the making of the film here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119488/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt
Check out a young Simon Baker making a cameo as a young up and coming actor.



Any ideas for movies I should watch next? Let me know in the comments section below! Thanks!

xoxoxo Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Years of Shapewear

Check out this great video about the evolution of shape wear and under garments from the 1900s to now!